Limitations of This Version of ROMIO
- When used with any MPI implementation other than MPICH revision
1.2.1 or later, the status argument is not filled in any MPI-IO
function. Consequently, MPI_Get_count and
MPI_Get_elements will not work when passed the status object
from an MPI-IO operation.
- Additionally, when used with any MPI implementation other than MPICH
revision 1.2.1 or later, all MPI-IO functions return only two possible
error codes--MPI_SUCCESS on success and MPI_ERR_UNKNOWN
- This version works only on a homogeneous cluster of machines,
and only the ``native'' file data representation is supported.
- Shared file pointers are not supported on the PVFS2
file system because it does not support fcntl file locks,
and ROMIO uses that feature to implement shared file pointers.
- On HP machines running HPUX and on NEC SX-4, you need to compile
Fortran programs with mpifort.